SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS
Serve with fresh melon/fruit platter, cheese, and fresh baguette slices grilled (see recipe for baguette slices).
- chicken wings
- 1/2 c
- fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- green jalapeno sauce
- 1 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/4 tsp
- serve with grilled baguette slices:
- 1 stick
- unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 tsp
- garlic salt
How to Make SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS
- 1Cut the chicken wings at each joint. Discard the top part of the wing. You want to keep the two meaty parts of the wing.
- 2Marinade: In a large bowl whisk together lime juice, oil, garlic, jalapeno pepper sauce, cumin and salt. Add chicken wings. Mix with spoon or thongs to coat all chicken wings. Set in refrigerator for 1 hour covered. Toss chicken again to coat. Refrigerate again for 1 hour.
Chicken wings should be ready to grill. If you like them spicy let them marinade longer.
- 3Grill on high to get the grill marks on each side of wing. Turn wings to be sure that they do not burn. Turn grill down to low and cover. Let cook for about 20-30 minutes. Check wings to make that they do not burn. Depending on how much meat is on your wings will depend on how long you grill them.
- 4This is an excellent grilled appetizer to serve with summer drinks or margaritas!
- 5Grilled baguette slices:
Slice baguette on an angle to obtain larger slices of bread.
In a 13x9 inch pan add melted butter and garlic salt. Toss bread slices to coat.
When chicken wings are done. Clean grill rack quickly with brush. Spray with Pam for grill. Grill bread on each side to toast. You want to keep the bread simple so you can enjoy the taste of the chicken wings.
NOTE: For garlic salt start with less garlic, mix and taste to see if you want more garlic. If you like things less garlicy do not add all the garlic salt.