Spicy Cream Cheese Pastry1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 tsp
- ground cayenne
- 1 c
- unsalted butter, chilled
- 6 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
How to Make Spicy Cream Cheese Pastry
- 1In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and cayenne pepper and stir together.
- 2Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter and cream cheese to form a soft dough.
- 3Alternatively, combine the dry ingredients in a food processor.
- 4Add the butter and cream cheese and process with short pulses until the dough just sicks together.
- 5Gather the dough into a ball, enclose in plastic wrap or waxed paper, and chill for at leat 30 minutes or for up to several hours.
- 6Makes top crust for 1 large pot pie, or 3 individual ones.