Spicy Cream Cheese Pastry1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 call purpose flour
2 tspground cayenne
1 cunsalted butter, chilled
6 ozcream cheese, room temperature
How to Make Spicy Cream Cheese Pastry
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and cayenne pepper and stir together.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter and cream cheese to form a soft dough.
- Alternatively, combine the dry ingredients in a food processor.
- Add the butter and cream cheese and process with short pulses until the dough just sicks together.
- Gather the dough into a ball, enclose in plastic wrap or waxed paper, and chill for at leat 30 minutes or for up to several hours.
- Makes top crust for 1 large pot pie, or 3 individual ones.