Shelley's Cheese Ball
This is great for taking to pot lucks! Make it up 1 day ahead. Grab your serving platter, the cheese ball, your boxes of crackers or bread, a spreader, and out the door you go! When you arrive, it will take you 2 minutes to set it up & you can just visit with friends & family!
- 2 pkg
- cream cheese, softened (8 oz. each)
- 2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 pkg
- thinly sliced ham lunch meat (2 1/4 oz.)
- 1/2 can(s)
- black olives, chopped (2.25 oz can)
- 1 tsp
- liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 c
- walnuts, medium chopped (optional)
How to Make Shelley's Cheese Ball
- 1Place cream cheese & cheddar cheese in a medium mixing bowl & allow it to "softened" for 30 min.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, salt, ham and olives. Mix well with clean hands, and form the mixture into a ball. Flatten ball slightly to make it a thick disk shape. Roll the ball/disk in the chopped walnuts until heavily coated. (You may have to press a bit on the nuts.) Wrap the ball in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Overnight refrigeration is best.
- 3Serve with your favorite crackers or small slices of french or sourdough bread.
- 4Don’t like nuts? Form ball and place in decorative bowl, and serve as a spread!
- 5This is a wonderful cheese ball recipe that you can add to and make different for any occasion!
You can change this recipe by withholding the lunch meat & adding any of the following: chopped green olives, pimentos, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, chopped onion, taco seasoning, hot sauce, chili peppers, mustard, onion powder, seasoned salt, horseradish, parsley or fresh crab. Try adding whatever you desire. Just always start with cream cheese and any firm shredded cheese, and away you go!
This is great for taking to pot lucks! Make it up 1 day ahead. Grab your serving platter, the cheese ball, your boxes of crackers or bread, a spreader, and out the door you go! When you arrive, it will take you 2 minutes to set it up & you can just visit with friends & family.
Cream cheese & Swiss cheese, with pimentos
Double the cheddar and add 2 tsp. liquid smoke, and serve on bacon flavored crackers! YUM!
Cream cheese, cheddar, & taco seasoning with chips & salsa!
Cream cheese, blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce, served on toasted baguette bread slices.