Savory Thumbprint Cookies
1 1/2 cwhite cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 mediumegg yolk
1 cpecans, finely chopped
1 chot pepper jelly (red or green)
How to Make Savory Thumbprint Cookies
- In a food processor, pulse together Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses with butter, until smooth. Add egg yolk and pepper; pulse until blended. Add flour, pulse just until a soft dough forms.
- Place pecans on a plate and place 1 cup of water in a bowl. With hands, roll scant tablespoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Wet balls with water and roll in pecans to coat.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet (I line mine with parchment for easy cleanup). With thumb or finger, make an indent in each cookie. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Bake in centre of oven at 350 F for about 15 minutes or until firm outside and lightly golden. Let cool on baking sheet.
- (Can be prepared to this point and frozen in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container. Bake for 3 minutes to recrisp).
- Fill indentations with hot pepper jelly.