Savory Greek Style Appetizers
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- pie crust dough, your own or store bought
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 4 oz)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
How to Make Savory Greek Style Appetizers
- 1Roll out dough and cut it into circles. A good thing to use is a clean empty tuna can opened at both ends. That will give you the right size, or you could use a large glass or other cutting tool.
- 2In saucepan, saute the onion in the oil until tender.
- 3Add the spinach and cook until all the liquid evaporates. Set aside and cool.
- 4Stir in cheeses, egg, salt and pepper.
- 5Spoon some of the filling into the center of your pastry circles. Fold over and press well to seal.
- 6Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.