Savory Greek Style Appetizers
★★★★★ 1 vote5
·pie crust dough, your own or store bought
·1/2 cup chopped onion
·1 tbs oil
·1 10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
·1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 4 oz)
·1 cup cottage cheese
·1 egg, beaten
·3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
·1/2 tsp pepper
How to Make Savory Greek Style Appetizers
- Roll out dough and cut it into circles. A good thing to use is a clean empty tuna can opened at both ends. That will give you the right size, or you could use a large glass or other cutting tool.
- In saucepan, saute the onion in the oil until tender.
- Add the spinach and cook until all the liquid evaporates. Set aside and cool.
- Stir in cheeses, egg, salt and pepper.
- Spoon some of the filling into the center of your pastry circles. Fold over and press well to seal.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.