2 cwhole milk ricotta
1/4 call purpose flour
2 Tbspheavy cream
1/2 cfreshly grated parmiggiano
1 Tbspfresh chopped basil
1 Tbspfresh chopped parsely
·salt and pepper to taste
·vegetable oil, for frying
How to Make Ricotta Fritters
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ricotta, eggs, cream, flour, cheese, basil, parsley, salt and pepper. Whisk the mixture together until it’s well combined, set aside.
- In a large skillet, add enough oil to come up about ¼ of the way up the sides, get the oil nice and hot over medium-high heat.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring device, add your dollops of ricotta mixture to the hot oil and allow them to cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy. Drain them on a paper towel lined plate.
- Cook these in batches and keep adding more oil if you need to in between batches.
- Serve with some marinara sauce or eat them as is!