Why not combine this into a dip. Enjoy with Triscuit rye cracker or Party rye toasted. If you love Reuben sandwiches you'll love this too.
My husband is a self-proclaimed Reuben connoisseur, so when the Kitchen Crew and I tried Goldie's recipe I had to be sure that I saved some for him to taste too. His verdict? Two very enthusiastic thumbs-up!
We couldn't agree more. This recipe is a cinch to make and the flavors truly mimic that trademark Reuben taste. Inexpensive, easy and SO good!
- 16 oz
- sauerkraut, rinsed and squeezed dry
- 8 oz
- corned beef from deli, shredded
- 16 oz
- shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 c
- Thousand Island dressing
- 1/2 c
- dijon mustard
How to Make Reuben Dip
- 1Preheat oven to 350 º
- 2In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and Thousand Island dressing.
- 3Spread the sauerkraut into a 9X13 inch baking dish. Layer corn beef over sauerkraut and spread with Dijon mustard. Next put the shredded Swiss cheese over the corned beef and mustard. Now add the mayo-thousand Island dressing mix on top of the cheese.
- 4Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with Rye Triscuits or toasted party rye.
- 5Hint: you can chop the sauerkraut finer to make it easier to dip before making this dish. Dijon mustard is optional. Some people like it some do not. Recipe does not need the mustard.
- 6Hint #2
You can also make this in a small crock pot making layers as you go. Maybe several layers. The sauce will work its way down through the layers. This way it stays warm during football games.