RED PEPPER BALL
Bonnie ^O^ .
28 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
2tablespoons of cointreau
1tablespoon of lemon juice
1/2teaspoon of lawry's season salt
1 1/8cup crushed pineapple, very well drained.
1/3cup dried blueberries or dried cherries
1 1/8fine chopped red bell pepper
·optional: parsley to garnish
How to Make RED PEPPER BALL
- It is important to use exact measurements in this recipe so the ball will not be too wet to roll.
- Beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add Cointreau, lemon juice, season salt, honey, pineapple and 1/3 cup dried blueberries; mix well.
- Place cheese mixture in the center of a piece of plastic wrap. Bring the corners up to meet and seal around the cheese, molding the mixture into a ball. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and form once again into a ball. The mixture will be stiff and easy to mold. Remove plastic and roll cheese ball in chopped red bell pepper to cover.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and dried blueberries or cherries or leave plain. Serve with crackers. Savory Rosemary crackers by Carr's is my favorite with this ball... Makes 24 servings. Enjoy!
- Cook's Tip: We usually make this ball on the 4th of July because it has red, white and blue colors of the flag when using dried blueberries in the filling. Then for Christmas I use dried cherries for the filling. Enjoy!