RED PEPPER BALL
- 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- tablespoons of cointreau
- tablespoon of lemon juice
- teaspoon of lawry's season salt
- tablespoon honey
- 1 1/8
- cup crushed pineapple, very well drained.
- cup dried blueberries or dried cherries
- 1 1/8
- fine chopped red bell pepper
- optional: parsley to garnish
How to Make RED PEPPER BALL
- 1It is important to use exact measurements in this recipe so the ball will not be too wet to roll.
- 2Beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add Cointreau, lemon juice, season salt, honey, pineapple and 1/3 cup dried blueberries; mix well.
- 3Place cheese mixture in the center of a piece of plastic wrap. Bring the corners up to meet and seal around the cheese, molding the mixture into a ball. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4Remove from the refrigerator and form once again into a ball. The mixture will be stiff and easy to mold. Remove plastic and roll cheese ball in chopped red bell pepper to cover.
- 5Garnish with fresh herbs and dried blueberries or cherries or leave plain. Serve with crackers. Savory Rosemary crackers by Carr's is my favorite with this ball... Makes 24 servings. Enjoy!
- 6Cook's Tip: We usually make this ball on the 4th of July because it has red, white and blue colors of the flag when using dried blueberries in the filling. Then for Christmas I use dried cherries for the filling. Enjoy!