Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Easy Menu Cooking the Microwave Way by Nancy Cappelloni.
How to Make Raclette (Switzerland)
- Peel a strip around the middle of each potato.
- Place potatoes in a ring in a microwavable glass baking dish or casserole. Add water. Cover tightly and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Rearrange and turn over the potatoes. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 4 to 8 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Let stand, covered, for 3 minutes.
- Slice cheese into 12 equal pieces, each about 1/4 inch thick and 4 inches long.
- Arrange 2 slices of cheese in the center of each of 6 microwavable plates.
- Microwave each plate, uncovered, on HIGH for 40 to 60 seconds, until the cheese is melted, creamy, and bubbly, but not runny.
- Place a cooked potato, 2 gherkins, and 2 onions on the side of each plate.
- Serve immediately.