Port Wine Cheese ball w/pimentos and green onions
I have posted several different cheese balls because of it being Super Bowl week. I hope you can find one that attracts your taste buds.
- 1 - 8 oz container port wine cheese (room temp)
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
- 4 green onions diced small 2/3rds up stem
- 2 oz pimentos diced small
- 1 tbs worcestershire
- 2/3 cup finely crushed walnuts -reserve 1/3 cup (garnish-optional)
- 1 oz dry red wine or port wine ( garnish - optional)
How to Make Port Wine Cheese ball w/pimentos and green onions
- 1In medium size mixing bowl blend well together port wine cheese, cream cheese and worcestershire ..add green onions, pimentos and 1/3 cup crushed walnuts .. mix together well. Remove cheese ball mixture from bowl and place on waxed paper , form a nice shaped ball ... Optional >>> sprinkle with remaining crushed walnuts .. refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2Set out 20 minutues before serving .. Optional just before placing on table make a dent on top of cheese ball with back of spoon and pour 1 oz of wine into dent and remiaing over entire cheese ball.. this works best if cheese balls has been coated with crushed walnuts.
- 3Serve with crackers of your choice.