They are much nicer than anything you can buy in the freezer area of the grocery store...
Our family likes these anytime! When we make them to freeze, we make 2 to 4 batches up at a time. When we need a quick snack... we just heat up the oil and fry some up.
This is a fun and easy recipe... enjoy!!!
- 1 pkg
- egg roll wrappers (16 to 30 wrappers)
- 1 jar(s)
- (24 ounces) pasta sauce of your choice
- 1 dash(es)
- each: garlic powder, basil and black pepper
- 1 lb
- pepperoni (very thinly sliced)
- 1 pkg
- (family size) mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1 jar(s)
- pasta sauce (optional)
How to Make Pizza Logs!
- 1Have all ingredients lined up in the order given.
Have a saucer with water, for dipping finger(s) to moisten the edges of egg roll wrappers for sealing purposes.
- 2Put a little sauce on a egg roll wrapper. Sprinkle with spices. Put on two or three pieces of pepperoni and a mozzarella stick on top. Dip finger(s) in water and gently dab the edge of the two sides of the egg rool wrapper for sealing. Roll up like and egg roll by starting at one corner and rolling to the center. Bring the two side corners up and folded in. Finish rolling together, the water you put on will help seal the egg rolls.
- 3Place on wax paper lined baking sheet. Freeze. When they are frozen completely, put them in zipper bags and put back in the freezer for later use. OR ..... Cook them right away in hot oil as you would an egg roll. Cook only two or three at a time. Drain on paper towels.
*** Eat them as is or heat up some pasta sauce for dipping.
- 4*** We also make other versions of this like:
Adding minced up toppings for pizza including veggies.
Ham and Swiss cheese
Turkey and American cheese
Chopped up Beef Stew left overs
Sloppy Joe filling
Beef and Cheese
The possibilities are endless!
*** We Usually make a lot of these and freeze them for a quick meal on the run or for snacks.