Pimento & Cheese Bacon Tarts
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
20 ozcontainer of pimento cheese
8 ozblock of softened cream cheese
1 jar(s)red or green pepper jelly
1 jar(s)real bacon bits
4 pkgphyllo shells (15 per pack) found in freezer section near frozen pie shells
***PREHEAT OVEN 350 DEGREES***
How to Make Pimento & Cheese Bacon Tarts
- Place jar of pepper jelly in a double boiler to melt. Line the phyllo cups on 2 cookie sheets. Next take the softened cream cheese and incorporate into the pimento cheese. (The cream cheese stands up to heat better than mayonnaise and the pimento cheese won't soak through the tart as easily).
- To assemble the tarts, fill each tart with pimento cheese mixture, drizzle the melted pepper jelly over the pimento cheese then place some real bacon bits on top.
- Cook in preheated 350* oven for 6-7 minutes. These should be served warm. This will make 60 tarts. You can make more or less depending on the size of crowd you are serving,
- Note, this is the easy version.. I usually make my own pimento cheese with cream cheese and cheddar cheese as the star, Using cream cheese cuts down the amount of mayonnaise you need to use to hold your mixture together and it won't soak through the tarts as easily!
- I found some delicious real bacon pieces In a Bag at Sams* Super Store. I had to make 180 of these tarts for a retirement Party. These bacon bits are delicious!