★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1- 8oz pkg
- cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- basil pesto or dried tomato pesto
- 6 slice
- provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- thin baguette slices, toasted if desired and/or crackers
- fresh basil leaves (optional garnish)
How to Make Pesto-Provolone Terrine
- 1Line a 7-1/2 x 3-1/2x2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, extending wrap beyond edges of pan; set aside.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese and pesto with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Lay 2 slices of the provolone cheese in bottom and slightly up sides of pan. Spread half of the pesto mixture on cheese layer. Repeat layers; top with remaining 2 slices of provolone cheese. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Weight it down with a can of soup or vegetables. Chill overnight.
- 3To serve, remove plastic wrap from top of terrine. Invert onto a serving plate and remove plastic wrap. Cut terrine lengthwise in half. Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve with baguette slices or crackers. If desired, garnish with basil leaves. Makes 24 to 28 servings.
Mix cream cheese and pesto. Refridgerate to integrate flavors. Swap shredded provolone for the slices. Spread cream cheese mixture on baguette slices, sprinkle w/shredded provolone & broil till bubbly.
Mix cream cheese and pesto. Omit provolone. Microwave cream cheese mixture till melted and dip consistency. Serve w/breadsticks or crackers for dipping.