Pesto-Parmesan Bread Rounds
- each 1-pound loaf french bread or baguette, sliced 3/4" thick on slight diagonal
- 3/4 c
- mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 1/3 c
- basil pesto (*you could use sun dried tomato pesto instead)
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced (you may decrease or increase garlic per your personal taste)
- 1/2 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c
- grated mozzarella cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- roasted red peppers, sun dried tomato slices; small dollop of olive tapenade; black or green olive halves; basil leaf,
How to Make Pesto-Parmesan Bread Rounds
- 1Preheat Broiler. Slice the bread into 3/4" slices on a slight diagonal. Place in one layer on baking sheet. Place under broiler and cook for up to 5 minutes until slices are golden brown and lightly toasted (*watch carefully so bread does not burn!)
- 2Mix together Mayonnaise, Pesto, Garlic, Parmesan cheese, and Mozzarella cheese, plus salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Remove toasted bread rounds from oven, and turn over to untoasted side.
- 4Slather each piece with a generous amount of the mayo-pesto mixture. (Use all of the mixture equally between the slices of bread).
- 5Turn oven to Bake (350 deg. F.). Place bread rounds in the oven and bake for about 5 to 7 minutes, until mayo-pesto mixture gets slightly puffy and "melty".
- 6Turn broiler back on. Broil for about 2-3 minutes, until Mayo-Pesto mixture gets bubbly and golden. Remove from oven.
- 7Serve hot from the oven or at room temperature. If desired, garnish with one of the suggested items listed above. These are delicious!