3/4 lbprovolone cheese, thinly sliced
1 - 7 ozjar of roasted red peppers, diced
2 - 8 ozpackages of cream cheese, softened
2 largecloves of garlic, minced
1 - 7 ozcontainer of pesto sauce
How to Make Pesto Loaf
- Line a 1 lb. bread loaf pan (9 x 5) with wax paper; make sure you leave enough on each side to wrap over the top when done.
- Mix the soften cream cheese with the minced garlic
- Line the bottom of the pan with 1/3 of the provolone cheese, which is about 7 to 9 slices. Then spread a 1/3 of pesto over the cheese. Next sprinkle 1/2 of diced roasted peppers over the pesto. Finally, spread 1/2 of the garlic cream cheese over the peppers. Make sure the cream cheese is soft so it spreads easily. Don’t worry about what it looks like right now. It will all come together in the end.
- Repeat the above layering, ending with the remaining pesto over the cream cheese and a final layer of provolone cheese on top.
- Cover the top with the wax paper that is hanging over the sides and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day open the top of the wax paper, turn over the loaf pan and shake the pan over a serving dish until the loaf comes out of the pan.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with small and thin French bread slices putting a small slice of the loaf on a piece of French bread.