Peppery Brie en Croute
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Ooo la la, this is so yummy! Impress your guests with the name AND the presentation. No need to let on how easy it is to make! The Test Kitchen
How to Make Peppery Brie en Croute
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 2Work crescent dough into thin circle large enough to completely wrap brie.
- 3Place cheese in center of the dough circle.
- 4Prick the top of the cheese several times with a fork and slowly pour 1 tablespoon of tobasco over the top of the cheese. Let it stand briefly so the cheese absorbs the sauce.
- 5Add remaining tablespoon of tobasco, pricking cheese several more times with a fork. Some sauce will run over the side of the cheese, don't worry about it.
- 6Bring edges of dough over the top of the cheese, working it together to completely cover the cheese.
- 7Brush edges with beaten egg and seal.
- 8Bake about 10 minutes. Be careful not to over bake as the cheese will run. Serve immediately with crackers.