Pastry Wrapped Olives
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a different, fun appetizer!
We enjoyed these served at room temp, so be sure to allow to let them cool entirely. The Test Kitchen
- 1 jar(s)
- green spanish olives w/ pimento
- 1 c
- white flour
- 3/4 stick
- salted butter
- 1 pinch
- 1-2 dash(es)
- hot tabasco
- 1/2 tsp
- worstchester sauce
- 1 pkg
- shredded cheddar cheese 16 0z.
- * sometimes i put some fresh chopped cilantro, or parsely in the dough for color. the cilantro adds a nice contrasting flavor if people will like it.
How to Make Pastry Wrapped Olives
- 1Have all ingredients room temperature. In the softened butter add the tobasco, and worstchester sauce, then the shredded cheese.Drain the olives in a strainer and set aside in a bowl.
- 2Add salt & flour to cheese mixture. Make into a dough working all ingredients thoroughly.You can add cilantro at this time if desired.
- 3Take aprox a tsp of the dough and make a ball. Flatten it in the palm of your hand and place an olive in the middle. Wrap the olive in the dough and make a ball again. Place on a greased cookie sheet. You can get 20 or so on a large cookie sheet. Place in 375* oven for aprox 30 min. or until tops start to get golden. You must keep an eye on them because you are using butter and this can burn easily . Remove from cookie sheet on a plate to cool and place in a tupperware container.
- 4You can make these ahead of time and place in a bag in a freezer to bake at another time. Make sure to flower them before you put in the bag or they will stick together and be a mess when you thaw them. They keep 3 months in the freezer. This is a great thing to have on hand when people drop by. You can always have a nice appetizer handy at all times!