Panko Mozzarella Sticks
How to Make Panko Mozzarella Sticks
- Slice string cheese pieces in half, for a total of 32 pieces.
- Place flour in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and milk.
- In another separate bowl, combine panko bread crumbs with parsley flakes.
- One by one, roll mozzarella sticks in flour, then dunk in egg/milk mixture, then place in panko crumbs. Use your hand to sweep crumbs all over the mozzarella stick. Gently remove and place on a tray or cookie sheet. Repeat until all mozzarella sticks are coated.
- ***Place tray in freezer for 20 to 30 minutes to flash freeze.***
- Heat 1 1/2 inches canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add mozzarella sticks 8 at a time. Watch closely and turn over to evenly brown, cooking less than 2 minutes. Do not allow cheese to bubble and leak.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately with warm marinara sauce or ranch.