Panko Breaded Mozzarella Sticks
8mozzarella string cheese sticks cut in half
2 1/2 cpanko breadcrumbs
1 Tbspdried parsley
1 tspdried basil
1 tspdried oregano
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/4 call purpose flour
How to Make Panko Breaded Mozzarella Sticks
- Mix eggs with milk in shallow bowl.
- Mix panko breadcrumbs with basil, parsley, oregano and garlic in shallow bowl or plate.
- Place flour in shallow bowl or plate.
- Dip each mozzarella stick in flour and then in the egg mixture, into the panko breadcrumb mixture and back into the egg and into the breadcrumbs one more time. Place on baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Place in freezer uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat oil in deep fryer or dutch oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the sticks a few at a time just until golden brown. It only takes about 1 minute. Drain on paper towels. Serve with marinara or chipotle mayo.
Use a high temperature thermometer to try to hold the oil as close to 375 degrees as possible.
These can also be baked . Drizzle with butter or spray with nonstick baking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 6-7 minutes.
Fry just until brown. If overcooked the cheese will begin to leak out.