Mushroom and Swiss quesadillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- four flour tortillas, 8 inches each
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup minced shallots, divided
How to Make Mushroom and Swiss quesadillas
- 1heat oil in a 10 to 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook until mushrooms release the liquid, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, cook two more minutes. Season mushroom mixture with salt and pepper then transfer to a bowl. Wipe out skillet.
- 2Assemble each tortilla with 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 cup mushroom mixture, and 1 tablespoon shallots. Fold tortillas in half to cover filling. Spray skillet with nonstick spray.
Arrange two quesadillas in skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until cheese melts and tortillas Brown. Flip and cook other side. Remove quesadilla to a cutting board and cut into fourths. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.