Mock Brie En Croute
- 8 oz
- cream cheese (low fat is just a good)
- tube of crescent rolls (low fat is just a good)
- olive oil
- for savory:
- add any blend of dried herbs, that you like. i like thyme, basil and black pepper
- for sweet:
- a few tablespoons of jam or marmalade- whatever flavor you prefer
How to Make Mock Brie En Croute
- 1Press the cresent roll seams together. Place the sweet or savory fillings in the middle. If you are using herbs, roll the block of cream cheese in the herbs, or sprinkle on both sides of the cream cheese. Close up the crescent rolls. You will need to cut away excess dough. Place the seam down in an olive oiled baking dish, brush olive oil on the top and bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.
- 3There are so many ways to dress this up. You can saute apples in a bit of butter or bacon fat with some nuts, caramelize onions, use fresh herbs or any combo that sounds good to you. The variations are endless.