MOCHIKO CHEESE BALLS
Jo Anne Sugimoto
I don't know if this is the recipe that she used or not.
In this recipe, it tells you to roll little balls and put it on a cookie sheet. My mom used a mini cupcake tin and used liners.
The recipe is also very vague on the instructions, so I have detailed it for clarity. I've also added a few twist and tweaks.
Any way, it so yummuy and great for a quick snack!
The photo is not mine, but the texture looks like my mom's and also the shape of it is different because she used a mini cupcake pan.
How to Make MOCHIKO CHEESE BALLS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a jelly roll pan, line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, blend the tapioca and mochiko flours.
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, oil and salt. Bring to a soft boil then carefully add to the flour mixture, mix till just blended.
- Alternate adding the eggs and the cheeses to the mixture, mixing until a dough is formed.
- Shape little balls and place on the jelly roll pan lined with the parchment paper about an inch apart.
- At this point, you can freeze a few of them in a zip-lock bag.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven onto a wire rack, to cool a bit. Serve warm.
- UNCOOKED FROZEN CHEESE BALLS CAN BE PUT ON A COOKIE SHEET AND BAKED AT 300 DEGREES FOR 25 TO 30 MINUTES.