Mini Quiche Lorraine
1-11 ozpackage pie crust mix (i just make my own recipe)
4 slicebacon cooked crisp and crumbled fine
1 smallonion, minced
1/4 cswiss cheese, shredded
1 largeegg, slightly beaten
1/2 chalf and half, heated
1/4 tsppepper, freshly ground
1/4 tspfreshly grated nutmeg
How to Make Mini Quiche Lorraine
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a miniature muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix pie crust according to package directions. Roll out the dough and cut with a round biscuit/cookie cutter into rounds to fit the muffin tin. Prick the bottoms with a fork and bake for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Cook bacon until crispy, but be careful not to burn. Drain and finely crumble. Cook the onion in the bacon fat until transparent and soft. Drain and mix with the crumbled bacon.
- Divide the onion/bacon mixture equally into the muffin cups. Sprinkle shredded cheese equally over the bacon/onion in the muffin cups. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl and spoon into the cup mixtures (I use a ladel).
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. You may serve hot or at room temperature.