Mini Quiche Lorraine
- 1-11 oz
- package pie crust mix (i just make my own recipe)
- 4 slice
- bacon cooked crisp and crumbled fine
- 1 small
- onion, minced
- 1/4 c
- swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 large
- egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 c
- half and half, heated
- 1/4 tsp
- pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly grated nutmeg
How to Make Mini Quiche Lorraine
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a miniature muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2Mix pie crust according to package directions. Roll out the dough and cut with a round biscuit/cookie cutter into rounds to fit the muffin tin. Prick the bottoms with a fork and bake for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- 3Cook bacon until crispy, but be careful not to burn. Drain and finely crumble. Cook the onion in the bacon fat until transparent and soft. Drain and mix with the crumbled bacon.
- 4Divide the onion/bacon mixture equally into the muffin cups. Sprinkle shredded cheese equally over the bacon/onion in the muffin cups. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl and spoon into the cup mixtures (I use a ladel).
- 5Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. You may serve hot or at room temperature.