Mini Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 8 slice
- small sandwich or cocktail bread
- 2 slice
- pancetta, sliced in half
- 2 slice
- deli-style mozzarella cheese, halved
- 8 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese, divided
- roasted red bell peppers from jar, sliced and patted dry
How to Make Mini Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 1In small skillet, cook Pancetta until crisp. Drain on paper-towel lined plate; set aside.
- 2Heat medium-sized skillet on medium-high heat. While skillet is heating, assemble sandwiches. Place one slice of mozzarella cheese on bread heel. Top with Pancetta, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese (per sandwich),and sliced roasted red peppers. Place other half of bread slice on top. Butter the tops of the sandwiches.
- 3Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the skillet. Place sandwiches in skillet with buttered tops facing up. Let cook for 2 minutes and carefully flip sandwiches over. Press down to flatten slightly. Cook for about 2 more minutes or until bread is lightly browned. Serve warm.
Makes 2 servings (2 sandwiches each)