1 -16 ozmozzarella cheese
32 ozricotta cheese
1/2 cpecorino romano cheese
1/2 cparmesan cheese
dash(es)salt and pepper
4 can(s)blue tube buttermilk biscuits
2 call purpose flour
·vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Mini Calzones
- cut mozzarella to a small dice
- in a large bowl combine all cheeses with salt and pepper
- open first 2 tubes, cover in flour
- You are going to make each calzone one at a time. I have a tray with wax paper and sprinkled with flour on hand to place each calzone.
- With a rolling pin roll out a biscuit have flour on hand to flour surface and rolling pin.
- take a heaping tablespoon of cheese mixture and place in center, fold over so that it looks like a half moon shape. Pinch ends with finger or fork (I find a fork works best)
- Once you have filled 20. preheat oil in large frying pan You just need enough oil to cover they are not deep fried. Lightly fry on each side. Place on a baking sheet covered in paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- *** you can add other ingredients to cheese mixture like ham, cooked meatballs, & chopped pepperoni.