- 1 -16 oz
- mozzarella cheese
- 32 oz
- ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c
- pecorino romano cheese
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 4 can(s)
- blue tube buttermilk biscuits
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Mini Calzones
- 1cut mozzarella to a small dice
- 2in a large bowl combine all cheeses with salt and pepper
- 3open first 2 tubes, cover in flour
- 4You are going to make each calzone one at a time. I have a tray with wax paper and sprinkled with flour on hand to place each calzone.
- 5With a rolling pin roll out a biscuit have flour on hand to flour surface and rolling pin.
- 6take a heaping tablespoon of cheese mixture and place in center, fold over so that it looks like a half moon shape. Pinch ends with finger or fork (I find a fork works best)
- 7Once you have filled 20. preheat oil in large frying pan You just need enough oil to cover they are not deep fried. Lightly fry on each side. Place on a baking sheet covered in paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- 8*** you can add other ingredients to cheese mixture like ham, cooked meatballs, & chopped pepperoni.