Marinated Feta Cheese
Marinated feta is also nice added to a pasta or lettuce salad.
- 3/4 lb
- feta cheese
- 2 clove
- 1/2 tsp
- mixed peppercorns
- coriander seeds
- bay leaf
- fresh oregano, thyme and rosemary sprigs
- olive oil, extra virgin, to cover
- french bread toasted to serve
How to Make Marinated Feta Cheese
- 1With a sharp knife cut feta into cubes. Cut garlic into thick slivers.
- 2With a mortar and pestle, lightly crush peppercorns and coriander seeds.
- 3Into a jar with a tight-fitting lid, pack feta cubes with the bay leaf, interspersing layers of cheese with garlic, peppercorns and sprigs of fresh herb.
- 4Pour in enough olive oil to cover cheese. Cover and refrigerate 2 weeks.
- 5Serve on hot toast sprinkled with a little of the oil from the jar.