Mac'n cheese bites
The combination of cheese and the addition of bacon turn these bites into a tasty recipe. In all honesty, this can be eaten as is without being baked into "bites"....just serve in a bowl. You could even put it in a casserole dish and bake it that way....you choose, lots of options.
1/2 pkgelbow macaroni, cooked
1/2 conion, chopped
1 1/2 cmilk
8 slicebacon, cooked and chopped
2 ccheese, grated (1 cup sharp cheddar, 1/2 cup jack, 1/2 cup gouda)
1 tspgarlic powder
1 cpanko crumbs
1/2 tspsalt and pepper
How to Make Mac'n cheese bites
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook and drain pasta noodles, and set aside.
- In a small dish, add egg, nutmeg, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, melt butter.
Add onions to butter and cook for a few minutes. Add flour and stir to coat.
- Slowly add all milk, whisking/stirring constantly.
- Add cheese in three parts, stirring to combine and melt cheese evenly, until smooth and all melted.
- Add cooked pasta, egg and spice mixture, and bacon. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray or olive oil (or butter).
- Sprinkle a little Panko on the bottom of each muffin cup. Fill 3/4 full with macaroni mix, and top with either more Panko crumbs or some extra grated cheddar cheese. Finish entire tin.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, or until Panko begins to brown.
- Remove from oven, gently remove from tin, and serve! Be careful, as the inside will be hot.