Macadamia Nut Crusted Goat Cheese
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2 Tbspolive oil
1/2 tspcrushed red pepper
1/2 cmacadamia nuts, chopped
1/2 cpanko bread crumbs
1/2 tsppepper ( preferably white, but dont buy it just for this)
28 ounce logs of goat cheese
How to Make Macadamia Nut Crusted Goat Cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium-low heat until the oil is hot but be careful not to burn. Remove from the heat.
- Add the red pepper flakes and garlic and set aside to cool and let the flavors infuse into the oil.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the macadamia nuts, panko, pepper, and a generous pinch of salt. Let cook until the nuts and breadcrumbs have absorbed all the butter and are lightly toasted, 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and let cool.
- Once cool, roll the goat cheese logs in the mixture, making sure they are completely coated. Place on a serving platter.
- Add the Melba toasts to a large bowl. Drizzle the garlic-pepper oil over the toasts and toss so all the toasts are coated with the oil. Serve on the side with the goat cheese logs