☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 ozcream cheese, softened
8 ozsour cream
3 ozsmoked salmon, chopped
1/2lemon, juiced and seeds removed
1 bunchfresh dill, chopped
·freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Lox And Cream Cheese Stuffed Cucumbers
- Using a peeler, create stripes on the outside of the cucumber by peeling along length of cucumber, leaving every other section intact.
- Cut off ends of cucumber and slice into 1-inch rounds.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out the seeds and inner flesh from the top 2/3's of each cucumber slice. Do not scoop all of the way through. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine equal parts cream cheese and sour cream.
- Mix in salmon, shallots, lemon juice, salt and pepper, combining thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag with a star 8 tip.
- Pipe the filling generously into each cucumber section.
- Garnish with sprig of dill.
- As an alternative, use red pepper cream cheese.