Legends, a restaurant on the Notre Dame campus, serves these. This is a copycat version.
- 6 large
- potatoes, sliced 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick
- 8 slice
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 lb
- shredded cheddar cheese
- jalapenos, sliced
- sweet onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- seasoned salt
- vegetable oil for frying potatoes
- toppings of your choice: tomatoes, scallions, pickled jalapenos, and sour cream
How to Make Irish Nachos
- 1Fry thick slices of potatoes in about 1/2 inch of vegetable oil until they turn golden brown. Drain them on paper towels and sprinkle with Seasoned Salt. Layer potatoes on the bottom of skillet or oven-proof platter you will serve from.
- 2Add chopped cheddar cheese, cooked bacon, onion, and jalapenos.
Put Nachos in the oven on broil for about 10 minutes, watch carefully, to make it hot and delicious. Then just add the sour cream, scallions, tomatoes, and more jalapenos to your liking.