I Could Have Been a Cheese Ball, but the Pecans let me down...
Deb tells us that this is better on the second day, but we'd eaten it all by the end of the first day! This is a terrific appetizer for any occasion and could easily be pepped up even more by adding your favorite hot sauce or jalapenos.... if you're so inclined. Happy snacking!
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 8 oz
- cheddar cheese, grated fine
- green bellpepper, diced small
- green onions, chopped small (green & white parts)
- 1/2 c
- crushed pineapple in own juice (small can will do)
- jar diced pimento (drained)... or one of those really tiny jars
- 1 tsp
- seasoned salt
How to Make I Could Have Been a Cheese Ball, but the Pecans let me down...
- 1Have cream cheese at room temperature. Combine all ingredients and mix with mixer. Chill well before serving.
- 2I usually use the whole jar of pimento. Mostly because I love pimento, but also because I never know what to do with the rest of the jar, lol. Or... you could double this and use the whole jar. I don't drain the pineapple.. works just fine either way. Just remember to chop the onion and bell pepper really small... tiny even.
- 3Originally this was a cheese ball recipe. You were supposed to divide mixture in half and roll each portion in chopped pecans, forming 2 balls. The first time I made this, I made balls. Never again! If you don't eat it all, the pecans get rubbery in the fridge. Ever since then, I just make it as a spread and serve in a bowl with really good snack crackers. It is ever better the second day, so can be made a day ahead.
- 4If you really feel the need to make this into balls, I would suggest draining the pineapple and putting mixture in the fridge for an hour or so before trying to roll it in chopped pecans. It makes 2 cheese balls.