How To Make Powdered Cheese
"Powdered cheese can be used to flavor popcorn, to make cheesy bread or it can be added to soups and pastas. Some powdered cheese products sold in stores contain chemicals and additives. By making your own powdered cheese, you can be sure you are getting a wholesome product."
This is another recipe great for storing and preparedness or just because you want healthy.
Here is Christine's website~~
How to Make How To Make Powdered Cheese
- 1Slice hard cheeses into thin pieces. The thinner the slices, the faster the cheese will dehydrate. Try to make each cheese slice the same thickness so that all of the pieces dehydrate at the same speed.
- 2Place single layers of cheese slices in a food dehydrator. Leave room between the pieces of cheese so that none of the pieces are touching each other. If you want to dehydrate soft cheese, such as cottage cheese or ricotta, line the food dehydrator with a piece of wax paper or plastic wrap. Spread a thin layer of the soft cheese on top of the wax paper or plastic wrap.
- 3Dry the cheese in the food dehydrator, turning the cheese over every few hours. When you turn the cheese, blot up any grease with a paper towel. Dry the cheese in the dehydrator until it is fully dry. When the cheese is dry it will have a hard texture and a darkened color. Make sure the cheese is completely dry in all spots before taking it out of the dehydrator
- 4Set the dehydrated cheese slices on a plate and allow them to cool to room temperature.
- 5Place the dehydrated cheese pieces in a food processor and process into a fine powder.
- 6Store the powdered cheese in an airtight and watertight package, away from light.