Gorgonzola Stuffed Dates
How to Make Gorgonzola Stuffed Dates
- 1Using a sharp knife, cut a lengthwise slit down the center, but not through, each dates to open the date up; set aside.
- 2In a small bowl, mash together the gorgonzola cheese and cream cheese. When thoroughly mixed, stir in the chopped nuts.
- 3One-by-one, spread each date open and place approximately 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese/nut mixture inside the pocket of each date. Smooth out the top and place the prepared date on a serving platter. Repeat with the remaining dates.
- 4The dates can be prepared a few days ahead, covered tightly, and kept refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- 5Note: To Pit Dates: To pit the date, slice the date open lengthwise, and use the tip of the blade to pry the pit out.
Toasting Nuts: Toast walnuts in a small skillet over low heat for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Watch the nuts carefully so that they don’t burn.