Goat Cheese "Croquettes"
- 4 oz
- goat cheese "log"
- 1 c
- panko bread crumbs
- raspberry vinaigrette (to liking)
- 5 oz
- baby mixed salad greens (approx)
- 1/2 c
- extra virgin olive oil (approx, for frying)
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- salt and pepper (optional)
How to Make Goat Cheese "Croquettes"
- 1Place 3 bowls next to each other on your workspace. Fill the first with flour, the second with a lightly beaten egg with just a splash of water added, and the third with panko.
- 2Slice the Goat Cheese into 8 slices
- 3Roll the slices into small roundish balls.
- 4Dip the ball into the flour, then the egg, then the panko, coating evenly. Place on a small plate. When all are done move plate to refrigerator for ½ hour or so.
- 5Heat a saucepan to medium heat, pouring extra virgin olive oil in to cover the bottom nicely, (bout 1/8” deep)
- 6Take one of the panko balls and fry gently, rotating till all sides are lightly browned. Place on a plate on paper towels to drain. Repeat till all are done.
- 7Place a servings worth of salad greens on plate. Use dressing as desired. Place goat cheese croquettes on top of salad. Salt and pepper if you like.