Goat Cheese "Croquettes"
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 ozgoat cheese "log"
1 cpanko bread crumbs
·raspberry vinaigrette (to liking)
5 ozbaby mixed salad greens (approx)
1/2 cextra virgin olive oil (approx, for frying)
1 call purpose flour
·salt and pepper (optional)
How to Make Goat Cheese "Croquettes"
- Place 3 bowls next to each other on your workspace. Fill the first with flour, the second with a lightly beaten egg with just a splash of water added, and the third with panko.
- Slice the Goat Cheese into 8 slices
- Roll the slices into small roundish balls.
- Dip the ball into the flour, then the egg, then the panko, coating evenly. Place on a small plate. When all are done move plate to refrigerator for ½ hour or so.
- Heat a saucepan to medium heat, pouring extra virgin olive oil in to cover the bottom nicely, (bout 1/8” deep)
- Take one of the panko balls and fry gently, rotating till all sides are lightly browned. Place on a plate on paper towels to drain. Repeat till all are done.
- Place a servings worth of salad greens on plate. Use dressing as desired. Place goat cheese croquettes on top of salad. Salt and pepper if you like.