Fried Mozzarella Sticks
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
- 16 oz
- cooking oil
- 1 lb
- mozzarella cheese, cut into 32 sticks
- 1/2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp
- 1-1/2 c
- plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp
- seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- favorite dipping sauce, if desired
How to Make Fried Mozzarella Sticks
- 1In medium heavy-bottom saucepan or electric skillet, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- 2In bag, shake cheese with flour until well coated. In shallow bowl, beat eggs with water.
- 3In second shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, seasoned salt, and garlic powder. Dip coated cheese sticks, one at a time, in egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture until well coated.
- 4Place cheese sticks on large baking sheet and chill one hour.
- 5Fry sticks 3 or 4 at a time in hot oil about 3 to 5 seconds or until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve with favorite dipping sauce such as Marinara Sauce.