Fried Mozzarella Sticks
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
16 ozcooking oil
1 lbmozzarella cheese, cut into 32 sticks
1/2 call-purpose flour
1-1/2 cplain dry bread crumbs
1/2 tspseasoned salt
1/4 tspgarlic powder
·favorite dipping sauce, if desired
How to Make Fried Mozzarella Sticks
- In medium heavy-bottom saucepan or electric skillet, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- In bag, shake cheese with flour until well coated. In shallow bowl, beat eggs with water.
- In second shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, seasoned salt, and garlic powder. Dip coated cheese sticks, one at a time, in egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture until well coated.
- Place cheese sticks on large baking sheet and chill one hour.
- Fry sticks 3 or 4 at a time in hot oil about 3 to 5 seconds or until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve with favorite dipping sauce such as Marinara Sauce.