Fried Mac n Cheese
Note..use your favorite mac n cheese recipe. The cheesier the better!! I will post a few links.Even a great way to use left over mac n cheese.
- favorite mac n cheese recipe prepare as directed below
- bowl all purpose flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- egg and milk mixture
- bowl of panko bread crumbs..regular bread crumbs can be used but i like the krisp of panko
- pot of cooking oil at 350 degrees
How to Make Fried Mac n Cheese
- 1Bake your favorite Mac n Cheese..the more cheese the better
- 2Allow to cool ..put in the fridge 3-4 hours..i did mine overnight.
- 3Once mac n cheese is really cold form balls..I used an ice cream scoop..then squeezed them really well
- 4Place balls in the frezer for 2 hours
- 5Once oil is hot dredge the balls..flour, egg/milk, then panko..place in hot oil for 3-4 min until golden brown.
- 6I would prepare..3-4 at a time then fry
- 7Serve hot as an apietizer or side