1/2 cpart-skim ricotta cheese
3-4 ozshredded mozzarella cheese
1 ozAsiago cheese, freshly grated
3 TbspParmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 largeegg, lightly beaten
1/2 cItalian bread crumbs
1/2 cPanko bread crumbs
1 tspItalian seasoning
·oil, for frying
·warm marinara sauce, optional
How to Make Fried Cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, Asiago, and Parmesan cheeses.
- Add the egg and Italian seasoning. Mix well with clean hands.
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- While the oil is heating, take tablespoonfuls of the ricotta mixture and form into a 1 to 2-inch balls.
- Lightly roll the cheese balls into the Italian bread crumbs and then lightly into the Panko bread crumbs.
- Carefully place the cheese balls into the oil in small batches. Do not overcrowd the skillet.
- Let cook for about 1 to 2 minutes, then carefully flip the cheese balls over with a slotted metal spoon.
- Once the cheese balls have a golden brown color, remove them using the slotted spoon.
- Place on a paper-towel-lined plate to drain excess grease. Serve warm with warm marinara sauce.