French Onion Soup Stuffed Mushrooms
1. I love stuffed mushrooms in any form and am always thinking of fun little variations.
2. I wanted to.
You’ll love these! Make them for a Thanksgiving appetizer or (fast forward!) holiday party. Watch them disappear before your eyes.
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 large
- onions, halved & sliced thin
- 1/4 c
- beef broth
- 7 dash(es)
- worcestershire sauce
- splash of red or white wine
- 1/2 c
- swiss cheese, shredded
- kosher salt
- white mushrooms, washed & stem removed
- parsley, minced
How to Make French Onion Soup Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add onions and saute for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very soft. Splash in wine, broth, and Worcestershire. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until liquid is cooked down. Set aside.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Throw in mushrooms and toss around for 2 minutes, just to start the cooking process. Sprinkle mushrooms with salt.
Place mushroom caps face down in a baking dish. Heap cavity with sauteed mushrooms, then sprinkle swiss over the top. Bake at 10 minutes on 325 degrees. Turn on broiler and broil for a couple of minutes, until the top of the swiss starts to bubble and slightly turn brown.
Sprinkle minced parsley over the top and serve.