Fire and Ice Jelly
- 3/4 c
- finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tsp
- dried crushed chili pepper flakes
- 1 bottle
- ice wine or sweet dessert wine
- 4 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 3 c
- 1 pkg
- certo liquid fruit pectin
How to Make Fire and Ice Jelly
- 1Measure red pepper, pepper flakes, wine and lemon juice into a 5-litre heavy bottom saucepan. Let stand 20 minutes then add sugar.
- 2Place saucepan over high heat. Bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 3Remove from heat and skim with metal spoon for 7 minutes to prevent floating pepper.
- 4Pour quickly into warm sterilized jars filling up to 1/4 inch from rim. Seal while hot with two piece rim lids. Makes 7, 125 ml jars.