Easy Phyllo Pastry Tarts with Hot Pepper Jelly
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- sheets frozen phyllo pastry dough, thawed
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar(s)
- pepper jelly
How to Make Easy Phyllo Pastry Tarts with Hot Pepper Jelly
- 1Take 2 sheets of pastry and cover the rest with a damp cloth to keep from drying out.
- 2Brush a thin layer of butter on one sheet and stack the other sheet on top.
Cut the stacked sheet in half length wise. You will now have two long rectangles.
- 3(A pizza cutter works great for this) Brush one rectangle with butter and place the other one on top.
You will then have a 7 x 11 pastry sheet with four layers.
- 4Cut that into 12 equal squares.
Press each square into a greased mini muffin tin.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
Repeat with remaining sheets, remembering to keep unused sheets covered.
Shells may be frozen at this point or filled and ready to serve.
- 6To fill: Place 1/2- 1 teaspoon of cream cheese in the center of each tart.
Top with 1/2 to 1 tsp of jelly.
May be served as is or baked for 10 minutes and served warm.