- 1 lb
- cheddar cheese, shredded fresh
- 1/2 c
- butter or margerine, unsalted, softened
- 2 c
- flour, all purpose
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper or more, ground to taste
- 1/4 tsp
- paprika, ground
- 1/4 tsp
- cumin, ground
- 1 c
- pecans, chopped
How to Make Drema's Spicy Pecan-Cheese Coins
- 1In large mixing bowl combine cheese and softened butter. (You can use a food processor fitted with steel blade if available - if not, mix well using hands). Add flour, salt, pepper, paprika and cumin. Process or work well with hands until dough comes together in a ball. Work pecans into the dough so they are well distributed.
- 2Shape dough into 3 logs, about 1 1/4" in diameter. Wrap securely with wax paper or plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hrs. (Tip - these can be frozen for up to 30 days. Thaw before baking)
- 3When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice dough into 1/4 inch coins and place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake about 12-15 minutes or until coins begin to brown.
- 4Remove to a wire rack to cool and store in airtight containers or tins.
*Tip - they are easier to slice if they have been frozen and are starting to thaw slightly. Once sliced you can leave them on cookie sheet until finish thawing and bake at that time. Enjoy!