★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cflour, plain
12 ozsharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 stickmargerine or butter, unsalted
1/2 tspsea salt
2 crice crispies
How to Make Drema's "Cheese Straws"
- Grate cold cheese and allow to soften.
Preheat oven to 400 5 F. (Tip: Do not preheat oven until half way through making your logs below)
- In large mixing bowl combine room-temp cheese and all remaining ingredients minus rice crispies. Work all with hands till well mixed. Fold in rice crispies. Gently mix in or knead to form dough ball or log.
- Pinch off dough the size of a marble. Roll in hand to form ball and then roll, back and forth in hands to make a thin log. Flatten slightly. Place each on ungreased large cookie sheet. (Tip: Spray hands with non-stick coating or rub slightly with butter or margerine)
- Bake on 400 Degrees F for approximately 10 minutes.
Allow to cool and harden-up before storing in air-tight containers till ready for use. Enjoy!
- Optional: For you creative people out there you may also load into pastry bag with decorating attachments and pipe these out into different shapes.