Crostini with Olives and Feta Spread
- loaf french bread
- 4 oz
- oil packed sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 c
- chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 3 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp
- shredded fresh basil leaves for garnish
How to Make Crostini with Olives and Feta Spread
- 1For Crostini, partially freeze bread. Cut forty 1/4 inch thick slices; arrange on baking sheets. Drain tomatoes, reserving oil. Lightly brush one side of each slice with some oil. Bake at 300 F for 6 minutes. Turn slices over and bake another 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2Finely chop tomatoes. Stir in olives and garlic. Set aside.
- 3Beat cream cheese in a small mixing bowl. Add feta and milk. Beat until smooth.
- 4At this point you can refrigerate cheese mixture and tomato/olive mixture up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before spreading.
- 5Spread feta mixture on oiled side of crostini. Top with a small dollop of tomato/olive mixture. Garnish crostini with shredded basil.