Crostini with Olives and Feta Spread
1loaf french bread
4 ozoil packed sun dried tomatoes
1/4 cchopped pitted kalamata olives
1 clovegarlic, minced
3 ozcream cheese, softened
1 cfeta cheese, crumbled
·shredded fresh basil leaves for garnish
How to Make Crostini with Olives and Feta Spread
- For Crostini, partially freeze bread. Cut forty 1/4 inch thick slices; arrange on baking sheets. Drain tomatoes, reserving oil. Lightly brush one side of each slice with some oil. Bake at 300 F for 6 minutes. Turn slices over and bake another 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Finely chop tomatoes. Stir in olives and garlic. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese in a small mixing bowl. Add feta and milk. Beat until smooth.
- At this point you can refrigerate cheese mixture and tomato/olive mixture up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before spreading.
- Spread feta mixture on oiled side of crostini. Top with a small dollop of tomato/olive mixture. Garnish crostini with shredded basil.