How to Make Cream Cheese Encroute
- Slice cream cheese horizontally and lay out flat.
- Spread pesto over one half of cheese...then add tomatoes and garlic. Lay other half of cream cheese on top.
- Flatten out you crescent rolls so there are no seams. Lay filled block of cheese in the middle of dough and wrap.
- Seam side down on baking dish. Mix together egg and water to make a "wash" and brush over the dough.
- Bake at 375 for 15 -20 minutes till golden brown. Serve with crackers. I loved to add sliced black olives and minced green onion. YOu really can fill it with anything that it not to liquidy
- Another variation - Cranberry jelly....crushed pineapple totally drained of juice and crushed pistachios