Chimi's with Chimi Dip
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 3-4 Tbsp
- chopped chives
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1 tsp
- lime juice
- whole skinless chicken or small roast
- nice handful of chopped cilantro
- 1 clove
- garlic smashed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Chimi's with Chimi Dip
- 1Mix the FIRST SIX ingredients together, cover and allow flavors to marry overnight in the refrigerator. Serve with chimi's.
- 2PREPARING THE MEAT:
We make our chimi's very simply by cooking chicken, pork or beef in the crock pot after skin and bones have been removed and seasoning with lime, cilantro, garlic and salt.
Remove from crock pot cool and shred the meat. This is a good tome to taste it to see if it is seasoned to your liking.
- 3Place 1/2 cup in the center of a 10" tortilla spread into a 6" line, fold in short ends and roll tightly. dampen end to seal and deep fry until golden.
- 4To make as appetizers I use large won ton wraps instead of flour tortilla's. Place only a tablespoon or so in these.
- 5I serve with above dip, tomatoes, onion, lettuce, avocado and cheese when we have guests but when it is just family we only use the cream cheese garnish.