Chili Dog In A Log!
This truly is East meets West!
We don't like to buy pre-made snacks from the freezer section at the grocery store... This is one of the goodies we make to eat right away... or make now, freeze and eat on the run or chillin' out watching a movie or sports on T. V.
We make many versions of this... try this one and improvise with what you like and have on hand!
We love to Play With Our Food! xo
Blue Ribbon Recipe
These reminded us of something you'd find at a county fair with all the fried food deliciousness. Imagine biting into a melted chili cheese dog fried in a crunchy egg roll wrapper and you have this tasty snack. Fry these up for the big game, sit down and watch them disappear. We suggest serving with extra chili and a bit of mustard for dipping. These are awesome! The Test Kitchen
- 1 - 2 pkg
- (16 - 30 per package) egg roll wrappers
- mustard (optional - to taste)
- 1 - 2 can(s)
- bean less chili or with beans chili (or homemade chili),15 ounces
- 1 - 3 pkg
- hot dogs (10 per package)
- 1 pkg
- sharp cheddar cheese sliced thin or shredded fine
- 1 large
- onion, minced very fine
- extra chili for dipping
EGG ROLL WRAPPERS
How to Make Chili Dog In A Log!
- 9If you make some for future use, fry them up and totally let cool. Freeze on a metal baking sheet. When totally frozen, transfer to zipper bags and store in the freezer until needed.
- 10*** You can use extra chili to dip the logs in.
*** We also make these with just cheese and hot dog.