Chili Cheese Dog Poppers
8cheese dogs (1 pound package)
115 ounce can chili (with no beans)
64round shaped buttery snack crackers
18 ounce can "aerosal" cheese, sharp cheddar flavor
1/2 cfinely diced red onion
How to Make Chili Cheese Dog Poppers
- Slice each hot dog on the diagonal. You should get 10 slices from each hot dog. Cook hot dog slices in a medium saucepan on medium high heat for 10-12 minutes or untilslices start to brown. Stir every 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat chili in a medium size microwave bowl, covered, on medium high heat, for 1 minute, stirring halfway thru. If not hot enough, heat on high, in 10 second increments, until heated through.
- To assemble: Place 32 crackers on a microwave safe platter. "Squeeze" a layer of cheese on each cracker. Top each with a hot dog slice, using only the flat slices, not the rounded end pieces. Press down lightly to "anchor" hot dogs into cheese layer. With a teaspoon, carefully spoon about 1 teaspoon of chili over each hot dog slice. Garncih with a dab of mustard and sprinkle with diced onion.
- Place platter in microwave and heat on medium heat for 30-60 seconds or just enough th heat through.
- Verving size is two "poppers", so repeat above directions with another 32 crackers.