★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1/2 c
- unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 c
- aged chedder cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- egg white
How to Make Cheese Pretzels
- 1In bowl, cream butter until fluffy; beat in cheese and mustard.
- 2Combine flour, salt and cayenne; add to bowl and stir just until mixture holds together, being careful not to overmix.
- 3Form into disc and wrap in plastic wrap.
- 4Chill for 30 minutes. Divide into 1 tablespoon balls; roll each ball into 10 inch strip.
- 5Twist ends over each strip to form pretzel; place on baking sheet.
- 6Brush with egg white; sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- 7Bake in 375 oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until pale golden color.
- 8You can make them up to three days ahead, then store in a cookie tin. Serve at room temperature or reheat them in a 300 oven for 5 minutes.