★★★★★ 2 votes5
1/2 cunsalted butter, softened
2 1/2 caged chedder cheese, shredded
2 Tbspdijon mustard
1 1/4 cflour
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
How to Make Cheese Pretzels
- In bowl, cream butter until fluffy; beat in cheese and mustard.
- Combine flour, salt and cayenne; add to bowl and stir just until mixture holds together, being careful not to overmix.
- Form into disc and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill for 30 minutes. Divide into 1 tablespoon balls; roll each ball into 10 inch strip.
- Twist ends over each strip to form pretzel; place on baking sheet.
- Brush with egg white; sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake in 375 oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until pale golden color.
- You can make them up to three days ahead, then store in a cookie tin. Serve at room temperature or reheat them in a 300 oven for 5 minutes.