How to Make Cheese Krispies
- Add the cayenne pepper and salt to the sifted flour.
- Cut the butter into the flour mix.
- Work the mixture between your fingers to produce a cornmeal-like consistency.
- Add the cheese and crispy rice cereal.
- Continue to combine with your fingers. The more you mix, the more butter-like the dough will become and will better hold the crispies together.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, working in your hands to press the balls together.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press the balls flat with a fork or the bottom of a flour covered glass.
- Bake in a preheat oven at 350 for 15 minutes or until golden.
- After completely cooked, store in an airtight container.