★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/4 cwhite wine
1 lbgruyere cheese, chopped
pinchfreshly grated nutmeg
·salt and pepper
How to Make Cheese Fondue
- Rub the interior of a medium stainless-stgeel pot with a clove of garlic that has been halved and then discard the garlic
- Tear into bite-sized pieces of 1 loaf of crusty french bread.
- After rubbing pot with garlic, add wine to pot and bring to a simmer over a medium heat. Add cheese and nutmeg. Coo, stirring with a wooden spoon until the cheese is melted (the cheese and wine will not be blended yet).
- Mix throughly in a small bowl the cornstarch and kirsch. Stir into the cheese mixture. Continue to stir and simmer until the cheese mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- If the fondue is to thick, add up to another 1/4 c. white wine.
- To serve, transfer to a fondue pot or chafing dish set over a flame.