- 1 1/4 c
- white wine
- 1 lb
- gruyere cheese, chopped
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Cheese Fondue
- 1Rub the interior of a medium stainless-stgeel pot with a clove of garlic that has been halved and then discard the garlic
- 2Tear into bite-sized pieces of 1 loaf of crusty french bread.
- 3After rubbing pot with garlic, add wine to pot and bring to a simmer over a medium heat. Add cheese and nutmeg. Coo, stirring with a wooden spoon until the cheese is melted (the cheese and wine will not be blended yet).
- 4Mix throughly in a small bowl the cornstarch and kirsch. Stir into the cheese mixture. Continue to stir and simmer until the cheese mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5If the fondue is to thick, add up to another 1/4 c. white wine.
- 6To serve, transfer to a fondue pot or chafing dish set over a flame.